• Cleaning of external lens optics and external lens body.
• Checking of lens attachment and removal, camera/lens communication, external lens barrel, operation of image stabiliser (if applicable), operation of focus and zoom rings (if applicable), operation of tripod collar (if applicable), aperture function, external screws, exposure and resolution using an image test.
• Verification of firmware version. Updating of firmware if applicable and requested by you.
Includes everything in the Standard service plus:
• AF adjustment to default value using a Canon tool body or focus match using your own camera body.
*This service is not applicable for RF or TS-E lenses.
• Where a ‘Lens Service – Premier’ is required and the preference is to select “AF adjustment to default value using a Canon tool body”, you are requested to inform the Canon Service & Repair centre, when sending your product, which Canon tool body (model name) you would like to have used.
• If a fault is identified with your product during your requested Maintenance Service, the Canon Service & Repair Centre will contact you to either request a copy of your proof of purchase to validate your Canon warranty (if not already provided) or, if your product is no longer covered by its Canon warranty, to discuss chargeable repair options (i.e. fixed price repair, repair limit or time & cost estimate).
• There is no repair warranty on subsequent faults not identified during Maintenance Service.
These services are available from Canon Professional Service Centres - for enquiries please email email@example.com. Local CPS Authorised Service Partners may offer equivalent or similar services.
Click to follow the repair process and find your nearest Canon Service Centre.